NEW YORK CITY’S FIRST-EVER DIGITAL CONTENT CONVENTION TO LAUNCH IN 2015
Creators of New York Comic Con and Streamy Awards Developing the Inaugural Three-Day Event Connecting Industry, Creators and Fans This Fall
NEW YORK, NY (March 31, 2015) – LeftField Media LLC and Tubefilter Inc. announced today the launch of Stream Con NYC, the first-ever digital content convention in New York City. Founded to engage and connect thousands of fans, creators, brands, platforms and celebrities who are at the forefront of this new era of entertainment, Stream Con NYC will take place from October 30th to November 1st, 2015. This three-day festival will be held at the iconic Jacob K. Javits Center, NYC’s premier event space.
With the vast amount of content creators, global brands, and media conglomerates based in New York City, Stream Con NYC will bridge the gap between fans, creators and today’s top industries. The event will operate on a unique hybrid conference and event formula serving the needs of the advertising, licensing, brands and publishing industries while also celebrating fans and their love for the digital content space and its creators.
“Stream Con NYC is a reflection of rapidly evolving consumer behavior,” said Greg Topalian, President of LeftField Media. “Industries are all grappling with how best to connect with a new audience, and Stream Con NYC is where these worlds converge and where the engagement begins.”
Drew Baldwin, founder of Tubefilter and the Streamy Awards added, “Stream Con NYC brings together the wide range of opportunities facing creators today—all under one roof. Stream Con NYC will be the epicenter of education, engagement and discovery—where creators can connect with their communities face-to-face on their path to becoming the next Streamys ICON.
The three-day festival will begin with Stream Con Industry Summit, a full day of panels, networking and discussions designed to help industry leaders better understand and evolve their positioning on the heels of the increasing significance and impact digital influencers have on today’s consumer. Then, fans will be invited for two days of events, industry related programming and direct access to their favorite personalities in the worlds of entertainment, comedy, music, beauty and fashion.
With an optimal experience for both industry and consumers in mind, Stream Con NYC has already confirmed industry heavyweights AwesomenessTV, Big Frame, Collab, Collective Digital Studio, Condé Nast Entertainment, Dailymotion, Defy Media, Endemol beyond USA, Fullscreen, Jukin Media, Kin Community, Maker Studios, MiTú, Inc., New Form Digital, Perseus Book Group, StyleHaul and Vimeo, with more to be announced in the coming weeks. Additionally, committed media supporters of Stream Con NYC include Tubefilter, AdvertisingAge, LIMA (International Licensing Merchandisers’ Association), NCTA (National Cable & Telecommunications Association), NYC & Company (the official marketing, tourism & partnership organization for the city of New York) and Publishers Weekly.
Topalian’s resume includes the founding and management of large-scale events including New York Comic Con, PAX and the Reed Pop portfolio prior to starting LeftField Media LLC with Britton Jones, Mac Brighton and Sharon Enright of Business Journals, Inc.
Baldwin is the founder of industry publication Tubefilter and creator and executive producer of the Streamy Awards, which honor the best in online video and the creators behind it.
- Friday, October 30, 2015 – Features the Stream Con Industry Summit, an intensive business day, Stream Con’s Creator Camp, and a fan kick off evening event at the Jacob K. Javits Center in NYC.
- Saturday, October 31, 2015 – Full day of fan based events, meet & greets, photo ops, and industry related programming, along with an expo hall of retail and fan activation opportunities at the Javits Center. Saturday evening will also feature a Masquerade Ball.
- Sunday, November 1, 2015 – The fun continues at the Javits Center with both attractions for fans and industry members.
Ticket Prices and On-sale Info:
Tickets will be on sale at www.streamconnyc.com starting in April.
- Three Day Fan Pass (includes Friday admission to fan kick off evening event): $95 Early Bird Price
- Saturday Only Fan Pass: $75 Early Bird Price
- Sunday Only Fan Pass: $65 Early Bird Price
- Stream Con Industry Summit Pass (includes business member exclusive networking events, Friday intensive industry programming, access to industry viewing balcony all event, and access to all fan events all three days): $395 Early Bird Price
Creator Camp Pass (includes exclusive networking events with business and industry leaders, Friday intensive creator camp programming, and access to all fan events all three days): $195 Early Bird Price
Stream Con NYC Will Include:
- Meet & Greets, Signings & Photo Ops with A-list Creators
- Moderated Panels with Thought Leaders
- Concerts with Top Music Talent
- Trick-or-Treat with the Stars
- Halloween Masquerade Party
- Interactive Contests & Live Video Creation Zones
- Fashion Runway Shows
- Screenings of Original Content
- Emerging Talent Showcases
- Fun Zones
- Exclusive Industry Insider Programming, Networking and Meetings
- Creator Camp for the Next Big Online Influencers
Over 100,000 sq ft Expo Hall Including:
- Creator Alley of Emerging Talent (a feature area for up and coming creators to gain the attention of fans and the industry)
- Software & Technology
- Beauty, Fashion & Accessories
- Entertainment & Music
- Gadgets, Games & Electronics
- Books & Authors
- Food & Beverage Brands
- Brand activation zones with retail space, hands on exhibits, sampling & activities
Now accepting submissions for appearances, signings, screenings, programming and panel sessions for the industry focused tracks, Creator Camp, and fan focused programming. Samantha@leftfieldmedia.com
Inquiries for exhibiting, sponsoring or a table in Creator Alley email firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Site: www.streamconnyc.com
LeftField Media LLC is focused on developing face-to-face events in a range of communities rooted in contemporary culture and shared passion. LeftField Media was formed in 2014 by Greg Topalian (President, LeftField Media), Britton Jones (President & CEO of Business Journals, Inc.), Mac Brighton (Chairman & COO of Business Journals, Inc.), and Sharon Enright (Vice President of Business Journals, Inc.). While LeftField Media is a new company, its founders have over 100 years of combined experience in media and event production. With a keen sense of the ever-evolving needs of the industry as well as the new opportunities created by change, LeftField Media takes a clean slate approach to the events business.
Tubefilter (tubefilter.com) is the leading source for YouTube and online video industry news, reviews, and events. Founded by Drew Baldwin and Joshua Cohen, Tubefilter also owns and manages the Streamy Awards (streamys.org), which honor the best in online video and the creators behind it. The annual event brings together the biggest names in YouTube and online video for a night of celebration, discovery, and meaningful recognition. Tubefilter also produces several industry events, including Social Media Week Los Angeles (smw.la).
Disclaimer note: LeftField Media LLC, Greg Topalian and Stream Con NYC are not affiliated in any way with New York Comic Con.